How do you determine if a virtual assistant is the ideal assistant for you and your business? Resumes don’t tell the whole story.
Here are the five signs that you have found your right-fit assistant:
1. They have the practical skills to do the job
When selecting your assistant, consider what experience and training the assistant has received. Do you feel confident in their skill set?
Clearly determine what you need in an assistant:
- Identify why you are hiring an assistant. What are your big-picture goals?
- Identify what tasks and duties your assistant will need to fulfill in order to reach your goals.
- Consider what skill sets and knowledge your assistant needs to have in order to complete those tasks
- Request information on the assistant’s training and skills. Are you confident they can do the job?
2. Their communication style syncs with yours
Like any relationship, everything works better if you “get each other.” Effective communication facilitates growth.
How do you determine the likelihood of compatibility?
We recommend a reputable personality/workstyle test like the Predictive Index Behavorial Assessment.
This specific test assesses the working and communication traits of test-takers and provides information about their compatibility with others. This powerful tool helps us at Superpowers pair you with your ideal assistant.
3. Their attitude aligns with your vision
You want an assistant with a committed, resilient and positive attitude towards you and your business.
At Superpowers, we conduct rigorous interviews with potential assistants in order to assess these qualities.
Here are a few useful questions:
- Tell me about a time when you were asked to do something you had never done before?
- What’s the most interesting thing about you that’s not on your resume?
- What was the last collaborative project you completed? What was easy and challenging about this project?
- Describe a time you had to work with a difficult leader. How did you deal with this situation?
4. They lead the relationship
We at Superpowers often say, “You’re the boss, but your assistant is the leader in the relationship.” It’s critical to set expectations early so that your assistant anticipates your needs and proactively meets them.
Is your assistant able to anticipate your needs and take leadership when you are focused on other tasks?
A standard virtual assistant can complete a task for you and follow directives, but the growth these assistants provide your company is limited.
A virtual Executive Assistant is the solution for entrepreneurs who are interested in exponential growth and freedom.
We train our Superpowers Executive Assistants with the skills and the mentality to come alongside their entrepreneur as a partner, actively moving towards goals and perceiving each next step.
We want our assistants to see and resolve problems for you, even before you notice them.
5. They have a complete resource network
Even an excellent assistant is limited by their own time and skill sets.
Suppose you need to launch a website. Your assistant can manage the project, but it is unlikely they will have the skills to be exceptional in SEO, web design, graphic design, and sales funnels.
Assistants who already have a readily-available network of specialists and information can more effectively and efficiently clear your to-do and wish lists.
When hiring your assistant, consider what resource network is available to them. Are they connected to a network of other assistants? Can they easily connect with a conglomerate of vetted and reliable industry specialists?
We’ve Designed the Perfect Process for Finding the Right Assistant
Is it time for you to find your assistant? As entrepreneurs themselves, our founders struggled to find virtual assistants who took initiative, anticipated their needs, and carried out their vision with the same commitment. They realized the massive growth potential they were missing out on.
So we set out to create the ideal process that kept the ease of hiring a virtual assistant but also provided the exceptional service and commitment of a traditional, high-end Executive Assistant. Tack on our powerful network of resources and industry professionals, and you have Superpowers.
At Superpowers, we handle the screening, training, and compatibility testing – you simply tell us what you need, and we find you the perfect-fit virtual Executive Assistant to take on your vision with you.
The Next Step
There are a lot of questions to consider when hiring your assistant – these questions are our specialty. If you’d like to discuss finding your right-fit assistant, book a Discovery Call.